Friday 24 August 2012


pd project


I'm just about to start my research for New Media module in DIT Dubiln. My assignment is to create an interactive audiovisual installation using Pure Data. In this blog I'm going to upload an interesting examples which I hope to find.


About Pure Data

Pure Data (abbreviated: Pd) is a dataflow programming language. It is inspired by the way early telecommunication switchboards and modules of analogue synthesizers were interconnected by patch cords. Programs written in Pure Data are flowcharts visualizing their function. Musicians and artists are using Pd to perform, create music and artworks. Pure Data is free open source software and developed by University of California, San Diego's Professor Miller Puckette and a global community. It runs on Linux, OS X, Windows and even mobile devices. The homepage of the Pd community is found at http://puredata.info/

No comments:

Post a Comment